Coordinator, Infrastructure and Projects
APPLY BEFORE JULY 19. 2019
Reporting to the Assistant Director of the Transportation Department, the Coordinator Infrastructure and Projects is responsible for the organization and monitoring of Airport Infrastructures, Marine Ports, Mobile Equipment and Associated Capital and Improvement Projects. The following description of work describes but is not limited to the responsibilities of the position:
• Contribute to the preparation of plans and specifications in various projects in providing to Ministère des Transports (MTQ) comments on projects at all stages of the process;
• Contribute to the feasibility analyses and studies on airport improvement projects according to Transport Canada regulations;
• Evaluate the additional human, technical and financial resources needed for each projects in order to update the Sivunirmut Agreement (Block funding);
• Develop and implement the Plan during Construction Operation (PCO) approved by Transport Canada;
• Ensure that all projects are free of deficiencies and completed according to the plans and specifications;
• Negotiate and prepare the renewal of leases and/or contracts for buildings and facilities owned by Transport Canada and the
• Participate as required in the committee meetings that are held with MTQ.
• Manage and coordinate Capital Projects assigned to the Transportation Department.
• Work with KRG Municipal Works Department in facility maintenance and repair
• Manage the electrical maintenance and vehicle/equipment capital replacement at the 13 MTQ airports.
• University degree in a related field, exceptional relevant work experience may be considered;
• Engineering Graduate in Mechanical Electrical or Structural engineering will be considered an asset;
• Experience in project management may be considered an asset;
• Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
• Very good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
• Good knowledge in CAD program;
• Excellent analytical, organization and decision-making skills;
• Good knowledge of Transport Canada regulations (TP312, CARS, CTA) will be considered an asset;
• Availability to travel throughout the Nunavik territory
Place of employment:
Minimum $69,482/year; maximum $95,538/year
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8,500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3,453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3 trips a year
Pension Plan: 7.0% employer’s contribution
Vacation: Minimum of 30 days/year
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., July 19, 2019 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.