Director – Finance & Accounting Services
Apply before April 23, 2019
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Director - Finance & Accounting Services is responsible for planning, organizing, developing, and managing all the financial functions and activities including controlling the financial administration with respect to the receipt and payment of public money, accounting policy, the financial records of the KRG, reporting responsibilities, financial analysis and related matters.
• In collaboration with the Treasurer, plan, supervise and coordinate all financial functions of the Kativik Regional Government;
• Plan and supervise actions in order to meet the identified departmental objectives, and assess results;
• Manage the financial resources of the department including the departmental budget preparation and follow-up;
• Supervise, coordinate and evaluate the work of Finance Department employees;
• Ensure compliance with the applicable laws, accounting standards and reporting practices;
• Develop, update and implement financial policies and procedures;
• Review and coordinate the implementation of accounting procedures;
• Develop and implement the financial and accounting components of the department’s information system, and participate in its continuous improvement;
• Act as a representative of the KRG in matters related to the department’s mandate;
• Maintain good communication among various client groups and stakeholders;
• Provide assistance to department directors and financial employees to ensure that financial responsibilities are properly understood and exercised;
• Develop and implement annual objectives for the department;
• Oversee all accounting duties related to year-end audits;
• Draft periodic reports on programs, services and activities, related results, as well as human, financial and material resources management;
• Assist and prepare any other documents as required;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by the supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or administration;
• CPA designation required;
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in accounting and general finances, especially in budgetary control and human resources management; experience in municipal accounting will be considered as an asset;
• Strong human resources management abilities;
• Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
• Excellent analytical skills and proactivity;
• Good planning and organizational skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and communication skills;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Sage Accpacc and Ceridian considered an asset.
Place of work:
Minimum $95 168/year; maximum $130 857/year
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
RRSP: 8% employer
Vacation: 30 days
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before 5:00 p.m., April 23, 2019 to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.