Assistant Director - Infrastructure Municipal Public Works Department
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME POSITION
APPLIED BEFORE: March 22, 2019
Reporting to the Director of the Department, the Assistant Director oversees the carrying out of projects and the smooth implementation of infrastructure programs in the northern villages in particular regarding drinking water and wastewater treatment, landfills, roads and buildings. More specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the assistant director include:
• Assist the Director with the management of Department activities and work closely with northern village staff.
• Prepare and administer budgets and implementation timetables, and ensure the monitoring of deadlines according to Department objectives.
• Supervise, coach and mobilize the Department’s project managers and ensure the delivery of infrastructure projects
• In collaboration with the Assistant Director – Building Maintenance, coordinate technical assistance and support to municipal employees in the maintenance of their buildings.
• Provide technical assistance to the northern villages with a view to increasing the knowledge of municipal staff in particular regarding drinking water treatment, landfill management, as well as building and heavy equipment maintenance.
• Participate in the preparation and implementation of Department operational objectives.
• Ensure clear and transparent communication between stakeholders, such as Department staff, other KRG departments, northern villages and provincial-government departments and agencies.
• A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture or possess considerable experience in project management of municipal infrastructures.
• At least five (5) years of experience with the implementation of municipal infrastructure projects, including two (2) years as a manager of a multidisciplinary team.
• Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
• Capacity to work with a minimum level of supervision.
• Capacity to manage several files simultaneously and ensure the necessary follow-up.
• Work experience in multicultural and municipal environments is an asset.
• Available to travel in and outside of Nunavik.
Place of work:
Based on the salary scale for management employees.
Benefits: Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500 per year.
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453 per year.
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3.
SPP: 7.5 % employer,
Vacation: 30 days per year.
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days during the Christmas holidays.
Send your résumé and a short presentation letter in English and French before March 22, 2019 to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Tel.: 819-964-2961Fax: 819-964-2956Toll free: 1-877-964-2961 (Nunavik)