PERMANENT - FULL-TIME
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of the Sustainable Employment Department, and in conjunction with the Team Leader of CLE ARK, the Socio-economic Agent will complete a training to develop skills and knowledge required to fill the position.
The duties of Socio-economic Agent include without being limited to:
• Acquire a good knowledge and understanding of the Act respecting Individual & Family Assistance, related standards, regulations and policies, and clients' rights, obligations and recourses;
• Analyze applications submitted by residents of the Hudson Coast communities, analyze documents submitted by applicants, maintain contact with LEOs and applicants for more information, as required;
• Enter data on MESS computer system;
• Determine whether financial assistance can be provided to applicants; evaluate the amount they are entitled to; follow up on all the files in the event of changes;
• Provide information on programs and training related to job re-entry measures to LEOs and clients; explain the workings of services; help clients complete written applications;
• Travel within the Hudson Coast communities and outside the territory for all matters related to the department’s mandate;
• Execute various clerical tasks when necessary and upon request;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by the Assistant Department Director.
The selected candidates must:
• Hold a Secondary V diploma or have equivalent work experience;
• Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French
• Have office work experience (file forms, write reports, reading and applying regulations, etc.);
• Have strong analysis and communication skills and be autonomous and reliable;
• Be willing to complete on-the-job training for at least six (6) months.
Place of work:
Minimum $36 046 and maximum $59 703 annually (E6)
Cost of living differential: minimum of $10 033 per year;
Food allowance: minimum of $4 347 per year;
Annual leave trips: minimum of three (3);
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee;
Vacation: 20 days per year;
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days over the Christmas holidays.
Please send your résumé in English to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.