Local Employment Officer
TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME POSITION
30 HOURS / WEEKLY
Reporting to the Local Employment officers (LEOs) Ungava Coordinator, the selected candidate is responsible, without being limited, to:
• Provide various employment and training services to the population of Salluit: employment insurance, recruitment for employment and vocational training programs, information about training opportunities;
• Provide employment counselling based on the identified needs of the local clientele;
• Provide old age pension services to the population of Salluit: registration and follow-up;
• Provide income security programs and services to the population of Salluit;
• Gather statistics on the general employment situation within the region as well as on clients in the community;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
• Secondary V diploma, although work experience will also be considered;
• Minimum of three (3) years administration work experience;
• Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French
• Good knowledge of computers;
• Reliable and resourceful;
• Available to travel, when necessary, to other communities for training.
Place of work:
Between $33 347 and $54 042 annually (E 5)
Cost of living differential: minimum of $11 834/year
Food allowance: minimum of $5 947/year
Annual leave trips: minimum of three
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year (calculated on a pro rata basis)
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days over the Christmas holidays (calculated on a pro rata basis)
Please send your resume in English to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.