BUILDING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
FULL-TIME, ON ROTATION
Reporting to the Coordinator of the Building Maintenance Section of the Department, the Technician’s duties include in particular:
• Ensure the maintenance of KRG buildings: carry out necessary repairs (carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, furnaces and water heaters);
• Verify, diagnose and repair commercial and industrial building heating systems;
• Assist and train local workforce to perform maintenance and repairs on northern village buildings (problem detection, repair solutions, parts ordering, etc.);
• Inspect facilities and prepare related reports;
• Perform any other related duties requested by his supervisor.
• Possess a postsecondary studies diploma in one of the following fields: plumbing, building mechanics, control systems or electrical systems. Relevant work experience will also be considered;
• Have at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in Building Maintenance;
• Possess practical skills in plumbing, electrical systems and carpentry;
• Possess practical computer skills;
• Be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French (A working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset);
• Be available to travel in the northern villages and live in hotels with shared kitchen and leisure facilities;
• Be reliable, autonomous and resourceful;
• Possess a valid driver’s licence.
Work experience north of the 55th parallel is a definite asset.
• Work schedule and place of work: 6-3 rotation schedule: 6 weeks working in the Northern Villages, followed by 3 weeks paid leave (52.5 hours weekly);
• Work schedule and place of work: 4-2 rotation schedule: 4 weeks working in the Northern Villages, followed by 2 weeks paid leave (52.5 hours weekly);
$34 778 (minimum) ‒ $58 543 (maximum) annually (Class 7).
Lodging paid while working in the northern villages, meals and incidental expenses paid (up to $455 per week) while travelling in Nunavik;
Simplified pension plan: 6% employer contribution; 4% employee contribution;
Vacation: 20 days;
Statutory holidays: 19 days, including 10 days at Christmas.
Please send your résumé to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.