Local Employment Officer
TEMPORARY, FULL TIME POSITION
Reporting to the Local Employment officers (LEOs) Ungava Coordinator, the selected candidate is responsible, without being limited, to:
• Provide various employment and training services to the population of Kuujjuaq; employment insurance, recruitment for employment and vocational training programs, information about training opportunities;
• Provide employment counselling based on the identified needs of the local clientele;
• Provide old age pension services to the population of Kuujjuaq: registration and follow-up;
• Provide income security programs and services to the population of Kuujjuaq;
• Gather statistics on the general employment situation within the region as well as on clients in the community;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
• Secondary V diploma, although work experience will also be considered;
• Minimum of three (3) years administration work experience;
• Bilingual (Inuktitut-English or Inuktitut-French) and possess good oral and written communication skills;
• Good knowledge of computers;
• Reliable and resourceful;
• Available to travel, when necessary, to other communities for training.
Place of work:
Between $30 966 and $50 183 annually (E 5)
Cost of living differential: minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: minimum of $3 453/year
Annual leave trips: minimum of three
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year (calculated on a pro rata basis)
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days over the Christmas holidays (calculated on a pro rata basis)
Please send your resume in English to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.