Project Manager – Engineering
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: May 1, 2018
Reporting to the Department Director and working closely with the other employees of the Department, the selected candidate will be responsible, among other things, to:
• Assess community needs in terms of civil infrastructure (roads, bridges, aerated and non-aerated wastewater treatment lagoons, drinking water treatment plants, etc.);
• Manage the implementation (in-house or contracts) of civil infrastructure projects (administration, budget, call for tenders preparation, construction and technical follow-up);
• Coordinate the purchase of infrastructure material (wood, steel, culverts, cement, etc.);
• Coordinate the work of professionals, foremen and workers on civil infrastructure projects;
• Act as the main contractor (client representative) for work contracted to a third party;
• Assist municipalities with the operation and maintenance of their civil infrastructure;
• Perform any other duty requested by his supervisor.
• University degree in Civil Engineering or another relevant field. Work experience and relevant achievements could be considered as an equivalent;
• At least three (3) years of relevant work experience;
• Municipal work experience is considered an asset;
• Project site work experience is a must;
• Possess good adaptation skills and be willing to travel;
• Show initiative and autonomy, and possess team work skills;
• Be capable to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Be able to communicate verbally and in writing in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French. A working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset;
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Autocad.
Place of work
Minimum $48 235 and maximum $82 763 annually (Class 10).
• Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
• Food allowance: minimum $3 453 annually.
• Annual leave allowance: minimum 3.
• Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer; 4% employee.
• Group insurance.
• Vacation: 20 days annually.
• Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Send your résumé and a short presentation letter before May 1, 2018 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq QC J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.