Administrative Technician - MPW Department
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
Reporting to the Department Director, the Administrative Technician’s duties include in particular:
• Receive and process requests from clients and tenants, and fill-in maintenance work orders using Guide Ti software;
• Process airline and hotel reservations for the department’s on-rotation staff;
• Receive, compile and distribute to public stakeholders the weekly drinking water sampling results produced by municipal drinking water plant operators;
• Coordinate and carry out the shipment of drinking water sampling materials to municipal drinking water plant operators;
• Conduct follow-up with the northern villages regarding the adoption of resolutions, the signing of agreements and contracts, compliance with important deadlines, etc.;
• Attend and prepare minutes for various meetings;
• Maintain paper and computer document filing systems, including the Department library;
• Ensure the processing of some documentation (contracts, resolutions, work orders, time sheet, expense accounts, etc.);
• Perform any other related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
The selected candidate must:
• Possess a vocational diploma in secretarial studies or have relevant training or work experience;
• Have at least two years of relevant work experience;
• Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
• Possess solid practical computer skills;
• Be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French;
• Possess strong organizational skills and be reliable;
• Be available to travel in Nunavik.
Place of work:
$30 966 (minimum) ‒ $50 183 (maximum) annually (Class 5)
Cost of living differential: $8 500 annually (minimum);
Food allowance: $3 453 annually (minimum);
Annual leave trips: 3 (minimum);
Pension fund: 6% employer contribution and 4% employee contribution;
Vacation: 20 days;
Statutory holidays: 19 days, including 10 days at Christmas.
Please forward your résumé to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.