Kuururjuaq and Ulittaniujalik Parks Operation Coordinator
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: March 21, 2018
Reporting to the Kuururjuaq and Ulittaniujalik Parks Director, the selected candidate will have the following responsibilities, but not be limited to:
• Assist the Director with the management of the Parks activities and work closely with the staff;
• Take part in the preparation and administration of budgets, implement timetables, and ensure the monitoring of deadlines;
• Plan and organize the allocation of work, and plan and assign the necessary resources (workers, equipment, materials);
• Coach and mobilize the parks staff to ensure the delivery of projects related to visitor logistics;
• Participate in the preparation, implementation and follow-up of the parks operational objectives;
• Cooperate in the development of parks activities and provide input into the decision making process regarding tourism infrastructure and services;
• Perform any other related duties requested by his supervisor.
The selected candidate must:
• Possess a College Studies Diploma in tourism or a related field;
• Extensive relevant work experience in Tourism or Parks will also be considered;
• Have at least two years of relevant work experience as a coordinator of a multi-disciplinary team;
• Ability with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.);
• Good planning and organizational skills;
• Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness and enjoy teamwork;
• Be capable of working under pressure and meeting deadlines;
• Be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French (A working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset);
• Be Welcoming, Authentic and Committed.
Work experience north of the 55th parallel is a definite asset.
Place of work:
Based on the salary scale applicable to management employees.
Cost-of-living differential: $11 834 annually (minimum);
Food allowance: $3 954 annually (minimum);
Annual leave trips: 3 (minimum);
Simplified pension plan;
Vacation: 30 days;
Statutory holidays: 19 days, including 10 days at Christmas.
Forward your résumé in English and French before March 21, 2018, to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.