Supervisor - Accounting
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Supervisor - Accounting analyzes department processes and procedures and recommends changes aimed at increasing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the activities under her/his responsibilities. In collaboration with the Department Director, the Supervisor Accounting assists the Department in implementing changes in order to align internal processes and procedures with recommendations issued by external auditors. More specifically the Supervisor – Accounting will:
• Supervise the day to day operations of her/his section;
• Collaborate with the Department Director, to assess operational needs and review and evaluate current work processes and procedures;
• Recommend work flow processes, internal control mechanisms and work procedures aimed at aligning the department’s processes and procedures with recommendations included in the annual audit report;
• Elaborate documentation detailing best practices in order to increase department efficiency;
• Assist the Department Director in coordinating the implementation of new work processes and procedures with other departments;
• Act as a specialist for all process related questions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or in a related field;
• CPA designation is preferred;
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in accounting;
• Supervisory experience in a unionized and multicultural work environment considered an asset;
• Demonstrated leadership skills as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally within diverse groups;
• Ability to work under tight deadlines;
• Demonstrated computer literacy, including spreadsheets, MS Office products and knowledge of Sage Accpac will be considered an asset;
• Working language is English; however, the ability to communicate in French and/or Inuktitut will be considered an asset.
Place of work:
As per applicable management working conditions.
- Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
- Food allowance: minimum $3 453 annually.
- Annual leave trips: minimum 3.
- Group insurance.
- Vacation: 30 days annually.
- Statutory holidays:19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Please note that the posting will remain open until filled.
If interested please send your resume to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.