Light-Duty Vehicle and Heavy Equipment Mechanic
TEMPORARY - ON ROTATION
APPLY BEFORE: February 26, 2018
Reporting to the Coordinator, Airport Operations and Maintenance of the KRG Transportation Department, the mechanic's duties and responsibilities include, without being limited to:
Repair the heavy equipment and light-duty vehicles of the KRG. Performing related preventive maintenance;
• Develop and implementing a preventive maintenance program;
• Compile a list of spare parts necessary for the maintenance and repair of heavy equipment and light-duty vehicles so that orders can be filled once a year or as required;
• Maintain an up-to-date parts and tool inventory for airport and police vehicles and equipment in every community;
• Prepare requisition for spare parts via web internal application;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by the Supervisor.
• Certificate of professional studies (DEP) in heavy equipment and light-duty vehicle mechanics. Relevant work experience will also be considered;
• Possess a valid qualification certificate in heavy equipment and light-duty vehicle mechanics;
• Have five to eight years of relevant work experience including heavy equipment (diesel) repair and light-duty vehicle mechanics;
• Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs;
• Be able to write and speak at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English or French; a working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset;
• Be reliable, autonomous, possess a great sense of initiative, and be willing to travel frequently by airplane to different communities in Nunavik; • Have a valid driver license.
Work experience north of 55th parallel is a definite asset.
Work schedule and place of work: the selected candidate will work on a rotation schedule of six weeks work in the northern villages followed by three weeks paid leave (52.5 hours weekly) or four weeks work in the northern villages followed by two weeks paid leave;
Min.: $34,778/year – Max.: $58,543/year (class 7)
• Lodging and boarding when traveling in other communities paid by the Employer, meal and incidental expenses (up to a maximum of $455 per week while traveling in Nunavik);
• Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
• Group Insurance;
• Vacations : 20 days;
• Statutory Holidays: 18 days
Please submit your application before 5:00 pm on Febuary 26, 2018 to the following address:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
Kuujjuaq (Québec) J0M 1C0
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.