Assistant Coordinator, Transportation Operations and Maintenance
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: October 20, 2017
Reporting to the Coordinator, Transportation Operations and Maintenance, the Assistant Coordinator, Transportation Operations and Maintenance has the mandate to assists the Coordinator in ensuring safe, effective and efficient management and operations of our northern airport facilities and services. More specifically, the duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Coordinator, Transportation Operations and Maintenance, includes the following without limitation:
• In partnership with the Coordinator, manage and provide guidance to Airport Maintainers, Observer Communicators, Electricians and Mechanics in the execution of their duties and ensure understanding of their responsibilities in order to meet the operational and administrative needs of the department;
• Ensure operations and services are properly delivered in compliance with the Safety Management System (SMS);
• Establish operational goals and objectives with the Coordinator and ensure timely delivery;
• Assist in the development of training materials and provide training to site employees as necessary;
• Actively participle in incident investigations, corrective action planning and the deployment of such measures;
• Assist in the planning and execution of Emergency Response Exercises and airport inspections;
• Receive and review employee timesheets in accordance with the applicable collective agreement and adjust as required;
• Act as the Coordinator, Transportation Operations and Maintenance, when required;
• Support the northern villages with the planning, implementation, monitoring and control of various projects, including the management and operation of public- and para-transit assets and the KRG’s marine infrastructure;
• Perform any other duties that relate to transport operations and maintenance.
• College diploma or post-secondary studies in a related field:
• Minimum 3 years of experience relevant in a relevant role within airport facilities;
• Knowledge of airport Safety Management Systems (SMS);
• Proven abilities in planning, organizing, problem solving and sound decision-making skills;
• Written and oral working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following languages: Inuktitut, English and French;
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Please note this position will work and travel in Kuujjuaraapik, Tasiujq, Inukjuaq, Kangiqsuallujuaq and Umiujaq
Place of work:
Based on the applicable management salary scale
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $1 752/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
RRSP: 7% employer
Vacation: 30 days/year
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days during the Christmas holidays
Please send your resume before in English before October 20, 2017:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.