Employment Service Counsellor
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: October 19, 2017
Reporting to the Director of the Sustainable Employment Department, the Employment Service Counsellor will act as a resource person for the local employment officers (LEOs) in all matters regarding employment counselling and will also be working closely with LEO Coordinators. Specific duties shall include, but not be limited to:
• Support LEOs with certain duties such as employment counselling, recruitment and interviews (including the development of tools to be used by LEOs to improve the quality of employment counselling);
• Deliver employment counselling training to LEOs (this training may be based on training or tools used in other organizations);
• Develop skills-upgrading training plans for each LEO, ensure the implementation of these plans, and regularly assess the skills of LEOs with respect to employment counselling and client action plan preparation;
• Support the organization of career weeks and other career promotional activities;
• Develop policies and working tools that may be used by LEOs to prepare client action plans;
• Cooperate with KRG partners to establish a regional employment information centre;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by the Department Director.
• Bachelor's degree in the field of employment counselling (relevant work experience will also be considered);
• Minimum three years of relevant experience delivering employment services and counselling training to non-specialists;
• Experience in developing and assessing training programs;
• Computer proficiency;
• Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities;
• Work experience in a multicultural environment, especially in Native or Northern communities, is a definite asset;
• Excellent communication and writing skills in two of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut (being trilingual will be considered an asset)
The selected candidate must be willing to travel occasionally in the region.
Place of work:
Minimum: $39,728/year – Maximum: $67,565/year (Class 8)
Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8 500 annually.
Food allowance: minimum $3 453 annually.
Annual leave allowance: minimum 3.
Simplified pension plan: 6% employer; 4% employee.
Vacation: 20 days annually.
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period.
Please forward your resume before 5 p.m., October 19, 2017 to:
* An employee is entitled to receive at least the Northern benefits allocated to an employee without dependants. An employee with dependants is entitled to benefits for her/his spouse and eligible dependants.
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.