Senior Program Officer
TEMPORARY - FULL TIME POSITION
Reporting to the Assistant Director - Programs of the Sustainable Department and working closely with the other employees of the Program section, the selected candidate is responsible for, among other things to:
• Estimate training needs in the region and develop activities and training courses to meet those needs;
• Promote training programs in the region, work closely with concerned organizations, and help employers develop their project and training plans;
• Assess and recommend pertinent projects and training courses, monitor the activities and financial aspects and provide evaluations on the project results;
• Keep informed about the various programs and projects related to employment and training, and transmit the information to employees involved;
• Prepare various reports and financial statements as needed over the year and at the end of the fiscal year, providing the necessary documentation for the annual report;
• Perform other related duties, as required, by his supervisors.
• University degree in a related discipline (administration, education or community development). Exceptional relevant work experience will also be considered;
• Minimum of five years of related experience (social and economic development, training experiences, project management, etc.);
• Have good working knowledge of criteria and management of all federal and provincial employment programs;
• Excellent communication and writing skills in two of the following languages: French Inuktitut, and English;
• Be able to work in a computerized environment.
Place of work:
Min. $39,728 yearly – Max. $67,565 a year (Class 8)
Cost of living differential: minimum of $8,500 per year;
Food allowance: minimum of $3,453 per year;
Annual leave trips: minimum of three (3);
SPP: 6% employer, 4% employee;
Vacation: 20 days per year;
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 days over the Christmas holidays
Please send your resume in English to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.