Raglan Project Employment Officer, Kangiqsujuaq
TEMPORARY - FULL TIME POSITION
Under the supervision of the Employment and Training Department Director, the Employment officer shall administer all services offered by KRG Employment and Training in accordance with the Agreement with the Raglan partners. The selected person will be responsible for:
• receive all the applications (from LEO’s, from public, etc.) according to the procedures stablishes, register them in the Raglan databank, keep an update on the databank, follow-up on refusals from databank or job posting;
• verify the job interest link with the job experience and training;
• post any positions that are available on the Raglan site or related to the project, do a pre-selection from candidates in the databank, interview pre-selected candidates for jobs on site or for training (in close collaboration with KSB and Raglan)
• participate, with the KSB resource, in the organization of the pre-employment course, take care of trainees or workers problems reported and try to find solutions;
• participate to various committees such as the Employment and Training Raglan technical committee;
• participate with other resources to the elaboration of strategy to increase the number of Inuit workers on site;
• obtain, compile, statistics on training activities, distribute them to the various concerned people;
• promote the Raglan project as job opportunities for Inuit by participating to various committee, meeting with the local organizations, writing various articles, reports, news update.
• possess a secondary V diploma although exceptional work experience will also be considered;
• have a minimum of two years of relevant experience;
• be bilingual: Inuktitut - English, Inuktitut - French;
• be able to work in a computerized environment;
• strong communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills,
• experience in preparation and presenting reports
• previous work experience at the Raglan site is an asset;
• able to participate in training outside of the community
• be willing to travel occasionally in the Nunavik region.
Place of work:
Minimum: $34 778 /year – Maximum: $58 543 /year (Class 7)
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $11,834/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $5,554/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please submit your résumé in English and French to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.