Department Clerk – IT section
TEMPORARY - ONE (1) YEAR LEAVE REPLACEMENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: August 21, 2017
Under the supervision of the Assistant-Director – Information Technology section, the Department Clerk is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties
• Ensuring proper IT customer service;
• Greets clients (over the phone or at the IT section entrance) and redirect requests to appropriate IT staff;
• Answer all requests for support (via phone or email) and enter requests into the Helpdesk database according to type and priority;
• Ensure calls follow ups with support staff and clients.
• Execute minor requests from users such as burning CDs or scanning photos;
• Assist user in basic phone systems functionality (password change, messages, voice mail management, etc);
• Observes the network monitoring console and notifies a technician when a problem occurs.
Inventory management tasks:
• Handles receiving of material + software and insure material is redistributed properly;
• Maintain material and software inventory and insure proper filling of licenses;
• Ensures adequate supplies of IT material (CDs, spare parts, etc) for the IT section;.
• Manage borrowing process of equipment from the IT section (Wireless modems, portables, etc);
• Assist in the opening and closing of department work orders.
Purchasing shipping and handling tasks:
• Fills purchase requests for IT material when requested;
• Ensure department IT material purchase requests from other department are properly filled and signed by the assistant-director of IT section;
• Looks after the logistics for shipping of IT equipment with shipping department (packaging and paper work of equipment sent for repair, or to other KRG offices across the Nunavik).
• Perform any other related duty required by his Supervisor.
• Possess a Secondary 5 Diploma or equivalent
• Relevant work experience
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in at least two of the following languages: Inuktitut, English, French; working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset
• Computer proficiency and familiar with Microsoft Office suite
• Definite customer services oriented personality
• Good communication skills
• Good organization skills
• Must be capable to handle boxes for shipping purposes.
• Punctuality is essential
• Be reliable, dependable, autonomous and possess strong organizational skills
Place of employment:
Min. $29,204– Max. $45,993 yearly (E4)
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8,500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3,453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year
Statutory Holidays: 19 days including 10 during Christmas holidays
Please send your résumé in English before August 21, 2017 at 5 pm to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.