Administrative Secretary - KRPF Department
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: July 31, 2017
Under the supervision of the KRPF Deputy Chief of Administration Civil Security and Support, the Administrative Secretary is primarily responsible for:
• performing various secretarial duties such as typing, filing, faxing, ordering office supplies, making photocopies, etc.;
• processing, distributing and forwarding all pertinent information, correspondences and mail;
• enter information in the computerized police system and ensure the information is kept up to date;
• keep the filing system up-to-date;
• answering the telephone and taking messages;
• greeting people and directing them toward the qualified authority;
• collecting timesheets and other forms such as Purchase orders, Requisition forms, contracts, leases, petty cash requests, and following procedures for distribution of documents and data entry;
• any other tasks requested by the supervisor.
The selected candidate must:
• have a vocational diploma in secretarial duties, although exceptional work experience will also be considered;
• have a minimum of two-years relevant experience;
• be able to communicate orally and in writing in at least two languages: Inuktitut-English, Inuktitut-French;
• possess typing skills (familiarity with various software packages and office equipment is a definite asset);
• be reliable, dependable, autonomous and possess strong organizational skills. References will be requested.
• take an oath of secrecy
• be of good moral character.
Place of work:
Minimum $29,204/year – Maximum $45,993/year, class 4
Other benefits: Cost of living differential, food allowance, annual leave trips, group insurance, SSP, etc;
Please send your application before 5:00 p.m., July 31, 2017 to:
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.