Airport Maintainer, Kuujjuaq
PERMANENT - FULL TIME POSITION
APPLY BEFORE: May 3, 2017
Reporting to the Assistant Coordinator Operations and Maintenance, and working closely with other KRG employees and airport users, the successful incumbent will operate and maintain in good order all department equipment including grader, loader, and other heavy and light equipment. Responsibilities will include ongoing maintenance of runway, taxiway, apron, service roads and airport grounds as well as minor equipment and building repairs and the completion of administrative reports. More specific responsibilities include:
• Operates heavy and light equipment in a safe and effective manner;
• Maintenance runway surfaces, maneuvering areas and airport access roads;
• Maintains airport grounds and navigational aids;
• Performs minor maintenance and repairs to equipment and airport buildings;
• Participates in all Site Programs;
• Prepares and submits daily, weekly and monthly documentation;
• Perform any other duties as required.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a relevant field of activity or knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance;
• Valid driver’s license;
• Basic computer skills in a Microsoft environment;
• Must be eligible to obtain or have a restricted radio operator’s certificate;
• Be able to communicate orally and in writing in Inuktitut and English is essential. Knowledge of French will be considered an asset;
• Experience in preparation of documents;
• Knowledge of Safety, First Aid and Fire prevention would be an asset;
• Have a valid driver license.
• Sound decision making skills;
• Good planning, organizing and follow-up skills;
• Ability to interpret policies and regulations;
• Be reliable, conscientious and able to work well without close supervision;
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Overtime hours may be required at times.
Minimum: $32 816/year – Maximum: $54 353/year (Class 6)
Cost of living differential: Minimum of $8 500/year
Food allowance: Minimum of $3 453/year
Annual leave trips: Minimum of 3
Simplified Pension Plan: 6% employer, 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days/year
Statutory Holidays: 18 days
Please submit your résumé in English before 5:00 p.m. May 3, 2017 to:
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in writing.