Parks Maintenance Technician
TWO YEAR CONTRACT
APPLY BEFORE: May 2, 2017
Under the supervision of the assistant Director of parks operations and working closely with the other employees of the Department and of the Municipal Public Works department, the Park Maintenance Technician has the mandate to assist in the development and maintenance of infrastructures in Quebec’s national parks under KRG management. More specifically, the Park Maintenance Technician will:
• Identify infrastructure maintenance needs and establish annual and long term maintenance schedules;
• Ensure the overall monitoring of renovation or construction of small projects for various parks infrastructures (in-house or contracts);
• Offer mentoring and guiding for park staff through all stages of projects;
• Assist in carrying out repair, renovation and basic construction work required for infrastructure and equipment; this work may involve carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical and mechanical tasks;
• Ensure that park staff are well-informed about the use of equipment and related safety regulations;
• Participate in the preparation of call for tenders documents and contracts;
• Perform other related duties requested by the supervisor.
• A technical college degree in civil, mechanical or electrical field, or a relevant technical background in those fields.
• At least three (3) years of relevant work experience;
• Excellent ability to express concepts in plain language and actively listen to needs;
• Excellent adaptation skills, resourceful and capacity for teamwork;
• Good organizational and planning skills;
• Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
• Strong communication skills (oral and written) in two of the following languages: English, French or Inuktitut;
• Experience in a cross-cultural setting is considered an asset;
• Willingness to work in remote locations;
• Available to travel frequently in Nunavik.
Place of work:
Minimum $39,728 and maximum $67,565 annually (Class 8)
Cost-of-living differential: minimum $8,500 annually
Food allowance: minimum $3,453 annually
Annual leave allowance: minimum 3
Simplified pension plan: 6% employer; 4% employee
Vacation: 20 days annually
Statutory holidays: 19 days including 10 during the Christmas period
The KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted