For a Safe and Fun Halloween: Safety Tips for Trick or Treat
Once again this year, Halloween can be a time of both excitement and potential danger. The Kativik Regional Police Force (KRPF) encourages parents, guardians and children to read these simple Safety Tips to help keeping everyone safe.
- Be visible: wear coloured Halloween costumes;
- Do not criss-cross the streets going house to house: go up one side and then down the other;
- Stop, look and listen every time you cross the street;
- Tell your route to your parents or guardians. Better yet, bring them with you!
- Examine your treats before eating them, and also ask your parents, guardians or another adult to verify them;
- Know where the safe places are: in case of emergency, be sure you know where there is a safe place near such as a youth centre, the police station or a friend’s house.
KRPF officers will also be patrolling the streets and will offer assistance during the evening. Do not hesitate to ask for help. We also ask drivers of motorized vehicles to be especially careful on Halloween, by watching their surroundings and driving slowly.
Most importantly, watch out for ghosts, werewolves, and witches, as they are most likely to visit your houses very soon.
Have a fun and safe Halloween!